The most elegant hotel in the capital city San José, Costa Rica, is the 5 star luxury hotel the Gran Hotel. It’s a historic building in the central historical district of San José. This is the hotel where many famous people choose to stay when they visit Costa Rica. Built in 1930, it delivers on the charm, style, service and elegance you would expect.
The Gran Hotel Costa Rica faces the National Theater of Costa Rica (Nacional Teatro) another historical building modeled after the famous Paris Opera in France. While staying at the Gran Hotel Costa Rica, you can visit both the National Theatre for a performance or take a tour around the inside of this historical building. It is stunning inside. Nearby, there are other buildings of interest such as the galleries and museums in the historical district. The Gran Hotel Costa Rica compliments the historical center of town with its graceful architecture. However, you’ll find that since this photo was taken, it’s been painted blue.
Rooms at this classic luxury hotel in Costa Rica begin at around $89 for a standard room and vary in prices up to $250 per night for the Presidential Suite where John F. Kennedy once stayed in 1963.
There is a beautiful lobby bar, a restaurant offering the best of international foods and the parlor on the fifth floor where you can enjoy your complimentary breakfast overlooking the historical center of San José. Enjoy your lunch or a cool drink on the lovely Terrace restaurant overlooking the square and the National Theater. The terrace is also an excellent place for people watching. The food in the restaurant and on the terrace is very good. Recommended is the hamburger made with beef from Argentina. Your stay at the Gran Hotel offers the following amenities ensuring your comfort during your vacation in Costa Rica.
• Free high-speed wireless Internet , in all guest rooms, suites, and public spaces
• Gourmet signature restaurant
• Open air European-style coffee house and restaurant
• Mini Bar in all guest rooms
• Room service and Private in-room dining, including assistance with private parties, hospitalities, and special menus for restricted diets
• Digital security box in all guests rooms
• this hotel has disabled access rooms
• Ice machine in every floor
• Hotel fan or air condition
• Full service concierge and tourist information desk to assist you with any matter pertaining to the comfort and enjoyment of your stay .
• 24-hour Business Center, to serve as “your office away from the office,” with computer workstations and high-speed Internet access port
• Complimentary fitness center featuring state-of-the-art weight and cardio equipment, stationary bikes, treadmills and stair steppers.
• Spa where you can experience the relaxing and healing benefits of Hot Stone Massage Therapy, Healing Body Massage, Herbal Body Wraps, and Reflexology. Spirit Spa Services invites you to relax, rejuvenate and replenish. Our goal is to encourage a healthy lifestyle for our clients. Individual attention to your well-being: mind, body and spirit, will help guide you through the daily stresses of life.
• Entertainment and TV rooms
• Conference rooms
• Art Gallery
• Valet parking
• Boutique/Gift Shop , with a selection of magazines, newspapers, souvenirs, travel aids, apparel and other sundries for last-minute purchases.
• Dry Cleaning and laundry
• Beauty parlors next door
Hotel Address: Central and second Ave., between 1st and 3rd, San José, Costa Rica.
This is one of the best hotels in San José, Costa Rica and will leave you with very pleasant memories of your time here. Find the best rate now for the Gran Hotel Costa Rica.